deskripsi blog

best photographs to share. photographers, artists, graphic designers, and people of the world check this out!

3.28.2012

The Quest for Inspiration – Landscape Photography by Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre is one of the most inspirational photographers I’ve come to know, and is another who prompted me to follow my own path in landscape photography. Based in the French Alps, he describes his work and how he creates in a beautiful way:

It’s not only the visible reality that inspires me. Among other things, it is the atmosphere that guides me, always. In my view, nature is the ultimate source that the best creative inspiration comes from, and is the ornament of the soul.

The reasons that brought me to start photography in 2003 are still abstract. This seems like the natural way…without meaning to. I wanted to express some form of beauty, experimenting and learning, but only in my way. However, I had no tangible goal, nor any ambition; it was, I believe, kind of fun, selfish, and lonely. It was an ‘inner calling’ that I had to follow…

This is the same sensation I had when I picked up a guitar a few years before, and gradually moved to play 6 hours a day as a composer.

I tend to benefit from nature, especially the tendency to capture melancholy atmospheres – ones that are wildly romantic. This kind of sadness is only beautiful when it is tinged with hope. In my photographs, natural light has a very important role; this light is the hope. Photography is the quest for light, and I think this quest is the same for life in general.

Inspiration must remain the primary thing…this beauty allows for the elevation of mind, and gives you the ability to reach the ethereal spheres.



Alexandre Deschaumes


Alexandre Deshaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

Alexandre Deschaumes

source